Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Autopsy - Born Undead


AUTOPSY
"Born Undead"
Peaceville Records

I pre-ordered this from Peaceville Records and I received it on August 27th, 2012. The day of the official release. 

"Born Undead" is Autopsy's second official DVD.  It comes in a 24 page digibook with killer artwork by Kent Mathieu. The same artist that worked on "Severed Survival", "Acts Of The Unspeakable", and "Torn From The Grave." The booklet is filled with band photos taken from the reunion gigs, two promo shots, track list, and credits.

The DVD is divided into three parts: "A History Of Horror", "Concerts", and "Extras."

"A History Of Horror" is a comprehensive documentary of Autopsy's birth, death, and resurrection in their own words. 

"Concerts" features Autopsy's reunion gigs at "Maryland Death Fest 2010 (USA)", "Party San 2010 (Germany)", "Hole In The Sky 2010 (Norway)", and "Slaughter By The Water 2011 (USA)."

"Extras" features "The Tomb Within - Promo Trailer 2010", 
"My Corpse Shall Rise - Official Video 2010", "Voices - Creepy Kofy Movie Time 2011", and "All Tomorrows Funerals - Official Video 2012."

I love band history and "A History Of Horror" documentary is well done and very informative. There are commentaries made by past members, Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Impaled, and Obliteration. There are also a lot of rare photos, rehearsal, live, and studio footage interweaved throughout the documentary.

I wanted to attend "Maryland Death Fest 2010" to witness history as Autopsy reunites, but my wife and I went to Phuket, Thailand to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. Needless to say, I don't have the money to make the trip. Now that I'm married, my wife is my priority and Metal has become my mistress, ha! Fortunately, the "Maryland Death Fest 2010" set is featured in this DVD in its entirety! It's the first professional live footage that I have ever seen from Autopsy and the audio and video quality is fucking killer!  For a third world metalhead from the Philippines like me.  "Born Undead" is the closest I can get to be in an Autopsy pit! 

"Born Undead" left me "Gasping For Air"! It's the sickest Death Metal DVD that I own next to Cannibal Corpse's "Centuries Of Torment: The First 20 Years." I watched it in one sitting and I didn't even notice that it was five hours long! The artwork, packaging, and the featured contents will make even a die hard Autopsy fan "Vomit On The Nearest Asshole." I did. Mandatory!